This is the absolute best and easiest one-bowl cake recipe ever. It’s quick, moist, light and perfect with your morning coffee or afternoon merenda.
- 3 eggs
- 300 gr sugar
- 300 gr ricotta cheese
- 300 gr flour, sifted (AP or Tipo 00 flour – either Caputo or Anna Napoletana)
- 1 packet of “Pane degli Angeli” yeast (16 gr)
- 150 gr of dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 293 degrees F (145 degrees C).
- Grease and flour a springform pan (use one with the hole in the middle – or even a paper baking mould as I did).
- In large bowl, beat the eggs with sugar, whisk in the ricotta cheese; add in the sifted flour the yeast and the chocolate drops.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and dust with powdered sugar… or drizzle it with a chocolate-coffee liqueur sauce!