These little apple dumplings always bring me back to the sweetest days of my childhood. My dad would take me away with him for a few days and we would play, eat and enjoy each other. He especially liked the seaside in May and June, when you can breathe and tour without the tourists and the crowds. One summer my dad drove my mom and me to Trentino, and I got back loving Knödel (bread dumplings), Spätzle (German dumplings) and also those delicious Würstl (Vienna sausages) served hot in a hot dog like bun with ketchup, mustard or mayo. Pure, DELICIOUS street food. Dad loved apple dumplings and strüdel so much that mom would make them very often once back to make him happy. Oi, sweet memories, eh!
Grocery shopping (4 dumplings)
1 sheets of puff pastry
4 tsp of your favorite jam
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baker with parchment paper.
- Cut the puff pastry sheet in 4 squares and lay them in the baker.
- Peel the apple and slice it. Cut the slices in smaller pieces.
- Spread 1 tsp of jam on each one of the four sheets.
- Lay 6/7 pieces of apple and walnuts crumbles.
- Bring one corner of pastry square up to the top of the apple, then bring the opposite corner to the top and press together. Pinch the dough at the sides to completely seal in the apple. Repeat with the remaining apples.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes and try them with a scoop of gelato!