What do you do with a batch of ripe, sweet strawberries and some Port? A Cobbler! Truly GREAT served warm, with some (unsweetened) vanilla gelato and might you want it, some more Port in a glass as a pairing :)
Prep time: 15 min
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1 tbsp of butter for the pan
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pasture-raised egg, room temperature
- 1/3 cup of organic milk
- 1 lb of organic strawberries, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons of Ruby Port
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pre-heat the oven at 350°F and melt butter in a 8 x 10 inch pan
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder & salt and stir in milk & egg.
- Pour evenly over melted butter.
- Combine strawberries, port and spices and spread over batter – do NOT stir.
- Bake 35-45 minutes at 350°F until batter comes to the top and is golden brown.
- Serve warm with gelato on top and pair w/ a glass of port.