Farmhouse Delivery (thank you!) has just delivered their first bin and we can get our new agricultural adventure started! The lettuce is wonderful, pears are oh-so-crunchy, the corn has the grill ready on the patio… and I’ll get one of the peppers and one zucchini to make a healthy, easy and QUICK quinoa salad.
Ingredients / What you need
90 gr. / 3.5 oz of quinoa, rinsed
1 zucchini, cubed
2 stems of celery, cubed
1 small sweet pepper, red or yellow, deseeded, diced
30 gr. / 1 oz of almonds
1 pinch of coarse salt
4 stems of fresh thyme, minced
1 garlic clove, smashed
150 ml / 5.2 oz of water
1 lemon or lime, juice
3 tbsp of EVOO
1/3 of a Hatch chile pepper, minced (It’s Hatch season!)
How to make the Summer Quinoa Salad
- Roast the almonds in the oven at 180 C / 356 F. Toast the almonds for about 5-7 minutes and when they’re crunchy take them out and put ’em in a bowl.
- Rinse the quinoa under cold water and drain
- Warm two tbsp of olive oil in a pan or a wok and add the pepper cubes, garlic, chili pepper and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add quinoa, minced thyme, water and salt for about 7 minutes.
- Add the zucchini cubes and cook for about 5 minutes. When the quinoa is ready, remove from heat.
- Add the celery cubes, the almonds, a tbsp of EVOO and mix.
- Add salt to taste, let it cool down and add the lemon or lime juice.
- Wanna add dairy? Add Feta or goat cheese
- Wanna add carbs? Warm up some Naan bread, slice it and voilà
The original recipe comes from Piatti Vegetariani / Carla Bardi / Gribaudo.