Late-night cravings – I know. When there’s Nutella in the pantry, there’s no way I can leave it alone. We were laughing about that with some old & new friends the other night at dinner, eating Lucky Gnocchi at Piola Houston. Ladies confessed their night-time craving for chocolate and guys laughed about how many different ways we have not to be caught stealing sweets. Me? I just – shamelessly – dip the spoon in the jar. And if you – like me – are a spoon-dipper (and can cope with the guilt that comes afterwards), you’ll certainly enjoy this delicious, soft Nutella Roll, another recipe from my family cookbook.
- 4 oz of flour tipo 00 (ex. Anna Napoletana)
- 4 oz of sugar
- 1/2 sachet of Pane degli Angeli Yeast
- 4 eggs
- 10 oz of Nutella
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- Powdered sugar
HOW TO MAKE A NUTELLA ROLL
- Pre-heat the oven at 340° F. In a bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar until you get a soft, pale mixture that increases in volume. Whisk in the flour, the vanilla powder and the yeast.
- Take a baking sheet (very low rims) and foil it up. Pour in the mixture and spread evenly (perfection would be 0.25 thick).
- Put in the oven for 10/12 minutes.
- When the upper part is turning gold, get ready to roll!
- Lay a kitchen towel on a flat surface. Take the sheet out of the oven, and turn it upside down on the towel. Spread evenly with Nutella, leaving a border as wide as 3/4 of an inch all around. Roll it up slowly and let it cool in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, serve, cut a very thick slice and die happy.